Syracuse football’s game times for opening 3 matchups set

Eric Dungey and Syracuse will host its first three games at home for the first time since 2001. The last time Syracuse hosted two Friday night games in one season was 2014, when it hosted Villanova in Week 1 and Louisville in Week 5.

The game times for Syracuse’s first three games of the season have been set. SU will kickoff the season on a Friday (Sept. 2) against Colgate at 7 p.m. and then follow it up with another Friday game (Sept. 9) against Louisville at 8 p.m. The Orange’s third game of the season, against South Florida (Sept. 17), will start at 3:30 p.m.

All three games will be played at the Carrier Dome and the game against Louisville will be televised on ESPN2, while the others will be available via ESPN3. The last time Syracuse scheduled two Friday night games in a season was in 2014. The Orange played Villanova to open up the season and faced Louisville in Week 5.

Last season, SU won its first three games against Rhode Island, Wake Forest and Central Michigan before going on an eight-game losing streak. The 2016 season will be just the third time since 2001 that Syracuse will host its first three games at the Carrier Dome. It did so in 2015 and also in 2005 against West Virginia, Buffalo and Virginia.