Softball

Syracuse comes back to beat Bryant, 3-2, in Citrus Classic

Logan Reidsma | Senior Staff Photographer

Sydney O'Hara batted in two runs for Syracuse Sunday during the Orange's matchup with Bryant. SU came back to beat the Bulldogs, 3-2.

Corinne Ozanne’s game-winning RBI in the eighth inning earned Syracuse (6-7) a 3-2 victory over Bryant (0-5), the Orange’s second victory of the weekend in the Citrus Classic.

Bryant scored its first two runs on Sunday on an error by SU in the second inning, but the Bulldogs never scored again.

The Orange stormed back with a sixth-inning rally. Maddi Doane led the frame off with a base hit to center field, while Sammy Fernandez reached first base on an error. Sydney O’Hara’s base hit scored both Doane and Fernandez, tying the game at two. Syracuse lost a chance to take a lead into the seventh inning as Hannah Dossett struck out, leaving O’Hara and Rachel Burkhardt stranded.

But SU would score again in the eighth inning when Ozanne brought home Doane from second base. The Orange loaded the bases with two outs, but Dossett struck out again to finish the top half of the inning.

AnnaMarie Gatti sealed her third win of the season with three quick outs in the final frame.

Syracuse travels to Los Angeles next weekend for the UCLA Tournament, where the Orange will face CSU Bakersfield, CSU Northridge, UC Davis and UCLA.