Syracuse University alumna Megyn Kelly lands on the cover of Variety magazine

Courtesy of Variety Magazine

Megyn Kelly graduated from Syracuse University and currently works for Fox News.

Megyn Kelly, a Syracuse native, appears on the cover of Variety’s June 2015 issue and is gearing up to co-moderate an Aug. 6 Republican primary debate. Kelly graduated from Syracuse University with a degree in political science and currently works as a Fox News anchor.

Kelly, a former corporate litigator, has gained attention for her ability to drill politicians, particularly Republicans. She’s put conservatives such as Rand Paul, Jeb Bush, Mike Huckabee and Dick Cheney on the spot by asking them tough questions about hypothetical situations and testing their positions on social issues.

“There have been so many times when I challenged Republicans on air — in big moments,” Kelly, 44, said in the article. “And my boss keeps promoting me.”

Despite her knack for grilling conservatives, Kelly has voted for both Republicans and Democrats in the past, and told Variety that she can stay objective in her reporting by “not rooting for anybody.”

“I’m a Fox News anchor, and I have no horse in the race,” she said. “I can give anyone a hard time.”

Kelly has been at Fox for a decade and has headlined her own show, “The Kelly File,” since 2013. She’s also the only primetime anchor on Fox to consistently conduct shows live. She’s been part of a media conglomerate that’s constantly criticized for its news coverage, but as Bill Maher from HBO’s “Real Time” said in the article, Kelly is “the sane one over there at Fox News.”

Correction: A previous version of this article misstated Kelly’s major at SU. The Daily Orange regrets this error.