Syracuse defensive end Luke Arciniega granted 2 extra years of eligibility from NCAA

Syracuse defensive end Luke Arciniega has been granted two more years of eligibility by the NCAA, he announced on Saturday via Instagram.

He had been practicing with Syracuse this spring while not knowing whether or not he had already played his final college game.

“College career hasn’t gone as planned with all the injuries, but patience and faith has kept me on track,” Arciniega wrote in his Instagram post. “After few months of waiting, found out that I was granted 2 years of eligibility back when I was only hoping for one. Feeling blessed.”

He had been a linebacker before this spring, but will be making a move to defensive end for this upcoming season.

Arciniega spent his first year of college at Nevada, but didn’t play in a single game. He then transferred to Sierra College and played there during the 2012 season before transferring to Syracuse for the past two seasons.

In 2013, Arciniega played in all 13 games for the Orange before undergoing hip surgery in the offseason. He totaled 18 tackles, a sack and an interception in 2013.

This past fall, what could have been Arciniega’s senior year, he played in just four games due to a lower-body injury and recorded four tackles.