Here’s what happened this week: Laverne Cox visits SU, Breast cancer awareness month, Syracuse football prepares for NC State

Here is a round-up of the top stories published in The Daily Orange this week.

NEWS

Third listening meeting

Members of the SU community who attended the third listening meeting on Monday broke into small groups and discussed concerns they had about the restructuring of sexual assault services on campus. Click here.

Campus Master Plan

A design firm working with SU on its Campus Master Plan shared the results of a campus survey on Tuesday. Security and transportation were the two most pressing issues presented. Click here.

Laverne Cox

Laverne Cox, a trans* actress who stars in the Netflix TV series “Orange is the New Black,” spoke on campus Wednesday as part of Coming Out Month, hosted by the LGBT Resource Center. Click here.

PULP

A run for their lives

The Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund of CNY raised money for breast cancer research Sunday by hosting a day of races. Beth Baldwin, Carol’s daughter, is the face of the fund, helping local families in their fight against breast cancer. Click here.

Strides against cancer

Joyce LaLonde’s mother died of breast cancer during LaLonde’s freshman year at Syracuse University. Now, a year after her mother’s death, Lalonde is an activist for breast cancer awareness. Click here.

In the cards

S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications professor Carla Lloyd was diagnosed with breast cancer three years ago. During her fight against the cancer, cards sent to her by friends and family helped to give her hope. Click here.

SPORTS

Down in the valley

Football beat writer Jesse Dougherty argues why Syracuse football can’t compete with the lively atmosphere of Clemson’s football culture. Click here.

Behind the scenes

Jukka Masalin, Syracuse soccer’s associate coach, is largely responsible for bringing in some of the Orange’s European recruits and helping SU jump into the nation’s top five. Click here.

Quiet corner

Syracuse cornerback Brandon Reddish has more interceptions than anyone else on the team and his quiet demeanor serves him well as a leader for the SU secondary. Click here.